Pac Solar Corporation (PSC) is a rapidly growing PV integrator, based in San Rafael CA. We specialize in the design, engineering and installation of high quality grid-tied PV systems for residential, commercial and governmental clients. Our service territory is primarily focused in Marin County, CA though we do service customers throughout the greater Bay Area.
Some of the responsibilities of the Solar Installer position are:
- Pulling inventory for projects from the warehouse and loading the service truck
- Pre-assembling system components at the warehouse and onsite
- Laying out solar arrays on roofs, working from a design plan-set
- Installing of roofs: solar stand-off feet, solar rail and strut
- Install roof flashings, junction boxes, disconnects, etc.
- Installing panels, metal and flexible conduit
- Light electrical work, including DC wiring to j-boxes, disconnects and inverters
- Documenting of project
- Maintain worksite safety
- Site clean up
- Additional duties as required
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Report (no DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Must be receptive to a criminal background check and drug testing
- At least one year of solar installation experience
- Exhibit an unwavering ‘safety first’ mentality as to the handling of DC and AC energy. Focus on quality, aesthetics and code-compliance.
- Understand and adhere to NEC, IBC and local Code
- Interpret three-line drawings and structural diagrams
- Must have a commitment to safety, quality, integrity, professionalism, thoroughness, teamwork, and accountability … and you must want to be on a team that embraces the same commitments
- Must have good mathematical skills; good verbal and written skills; exemplary attention to detail; excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Physically able to: handle 40 hour weeks of outdoors work; confidently climb up to 40’ ladders; bend conduit pipe; navigate roofs up to 12:12 pitch; lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.; use hand and power tools safely and effectively; work in various positions, such as standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting, often for extended periods of time; work in harsh environments, such as extreme hot and cold, crawl-spaces, roofs, extreme heights, etc.
- Honesty & Integrity: Doesn’t cut corners. Does what is right, what is ethically and morally sound and safe, not what is fast and easy. Speaks truthfully and operates in a professional manner.
- Teamwork: Functions well in a team, communicates well, and leads with confidence, but leads by example. Respects others, and gains respect by working hard and by embracing best-practices in all they do.
- Situational Awareness: Have the ability to ‘think on the fly’, to adapt and manage changes to job-flow, staffing and weather
- Ethics and Standards: Realizes that safety must always come first. That quality work, exemplary appearance, good communication, and integrity is what fortifies relationships with clients and jurisdictions
A plus if you:
- Are a licensed electrician or have journeyman electrical experience
- Are competent at bending EMT conduit
- Are bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Have basic PC knowledge, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Are NABCEP Certified PV Installer
- Are experienced with battery back-up and/or off-grid solar solutions
- Have the OSHA 10 or 30 hour card
- Are experience with fall-protection equipment
- Have a Bachelor degree
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Make sure to include (as an attachment) the following information:
- The full-scope of your solar installation experience, including any electrical experience, and racking systems and roof types on which you’ve installed
- Additional construction experience or training you’ve received, especially roofing, electrical, carpentry, framing and/or plumbing
- Your compensation with the previous employers you’ve listed on your resume and your compensation expectations moving forward
- Licenses or certifications you hold including C-10, C-46, GC, OSHA 10 or 30, etc.
- Anything else you think we should know about your qualifications
We offer expert training and support in solar installation, competitive pay and a great team to work with. If you think you’d like to be a member of the Pac Solar team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org