Solar Electrician & Crew Leader
Solar Electrician & Crew Leader
Pac Solar Corporation (PSC) is a rapidly growing PV integrator, based in San Rafael CA. We specialize in the design, engineering and installation of high quality grid-tied PV systems for residential, commercial and governmental clients. Our service territory is primarily focused in Marin County, CA though we do service customers throughout the greater Bay Area.
The Solar Electrician & Crew Leader position candidate will act as a foreman in the field, being primarily responsible for the onsite development of the PV project and crew supervision, from beginning to end. They will: coordinate and plan the project installation beforehand; supervise and manage the roof, ground and electrical build team; personally handle the DC and AC integration of the PV project; maintain the company documents for each project; be responsible for worksite safety.
Position’s Leadership Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize, lead, and train PV installation crews to complete projects within established guidelines & timeframes with maximum efficiency
- Ensure jobsite safety
- Analyze worker issues and dictate solutions
- Represent PSC with a professional appearance and attitude, displaying the utmost integrity to our customers and the general public
- Interpret electrical and structural plan sets; pull necessary inventory for projects; stage equipment and manage tools at jobsite
- Organize project paperwork, document installations thoroughly, correspond and report to PSC management
- Manage roof and ground team simultaneously, while solely responsible for electrical integration – 100% accountable for full-scope of installation.
- Assist rooftop workers with array installation
Position’s Electrical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exhibit an unwavering ‘safety first’ mentality as to the handling of DC and AC energy. Focus on quality, aesthetics and code-compliance with regard to electrical integration – absolutely no ‘corner-cutting’.
- Understand and adhere to NEC, IBC and local Code
- Interpret three-line drawings and structural diagrams
- Lead the design and installation of all DC and AC conduit in both internal and external applications
- Accurately size, specify and pull appropriate conductors and grounding
- Install DC and AC disconnects
- Properly wire PV inverters (up to 1000VDC) and land PV back-feed at either line-side / load-side taps or AC circuit breaker
- As needed, rearrange main AC service panel circuits to facilitate code-compliant PV back-feed solution
- Drive grounding rods
- Install and commission PV system monitoring
- Coordinate and sit on Building Department inspections
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- At least two years of solar installation experience
- At least one year of solar electrician experience
- At least one year of solar or construction field management
- Commercial PV installation experience
- Working knowledge of NEC
- Commitment to safety, quality, integrity, professionalism, thoroughness, teamwork, leadership and accountability
- Good mathematical skills; excellent verbal and written skills; exemplary attention to detail; excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Physically able to: handle 40 hour weeks of outdoors work; confidently climb up to 40’ ladders; bend conduit pipe; navigate roofs up to 12:12 pitch; lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.; use hand and power tools safely and effectively; work in various positions, such as standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting, often for extended periods of time; work in harsh environments, such as extreme hot and cold, crawl-spaces, roofs, extreme heights, etc.
- Honesty & Integrity: Doesn’t cut corners. Does what is right, what is ethically and morally sound and safe, not what is fast and easy. Speaks truthfully and operates in a professional manner.
- Teamwork: Functions well in a team, communicates well, and leads with confidence, but leads by example. Respects others, and gains respect by working hard and by embracing best-practices in all they do.
- Ethics and Standards: Realizes that safety must always come first. That quality work, exemplary appearance, good communication, and integrity is what fortifies relationships with clients and jurisdictions
Preferred Applicant Skills, Experience and Education:
- Basic PC knowledge, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to confidently manage crews of six or more people simultaneously
- Good situational awareness; having the ability to ‘think on the fly’, to adapt and manage changes to job-flow, staffing and weather
- Understanding of stanchion feet and flashing mounting best practices on all types of residential commercial roof surfaces
- NABCEP PV Installer Certification
- Experience with battery back-up and/or off-grid solar solutions
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour card
- Fall protection aptitude
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Bachelor degree
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Make sure to include (as an attachment) the following information:
- PV Experience including: scope of solar/construction field-management; solar electrician experience, including specific inverters, racking systems and roofing types on which you’ve installed
- Additional construction experience or training you’ve received, especially roofing, electrical, carpentry, framing and/or plumbing
- Your compensation with the previous employers you’ve listed on your resume and your compensation expectations moving forward
- Licenses or certifications you hold including C-10, C-46, GC, OSHA 10 or 30, etc.
- Anything else you think we should know about your qualifications to lead our teams
We offer expert training and support in solar installation, competitive pay and a great team to work with. If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our team and would like to be a leader in this industry, we look forward to hearing from you.